Blox 3.3.1 IMPORTANT NOTES

(Leslie Young) #1

This update makes a few big changes so please read these update notes before updating.

Always make a backup of your project before updating.

[optional] For a clean installation close all Blox related widows and delete the Assets\projectData\Blox\dataproviders\ folder.

• Major changes were made to the Data Binding system
  • These changes affected the Properties Manager. You will have to recreate all managed properties so make a note of these before starting the update.
  • Improved Graph Mapped Values editor.
  • Added the Constant and Member Bind Data Providers. These used to be part of the data bind itself but are not data providers.

Important:

All DLLs have been moved to a common folder and the current and future versions of Blox will need the DLLs to be in this common folder to get around a bug (or feature) in how Unity deals with ScriptableOject, serialization, and generics.

Follow these steps to update an existing project. Do this BEFORE importing the latest version of Blox.
Use the Unity Project Panel to do these; not your Windows Explorer/ OSX Finder.

• Create the folder “assembly” in “plyoung”: Assets/plyoung/asembly/
  • Create the folder “editor” in “assembly”: Assets/plyoung/asembly/editor/
  • Create the folder “runtime” in “assembly”: Assets/plyoung/asembly/runtime/
  • Move all files inside Assets/plyoung/plyLib/runtime/ to Assets/plyoung/asembly/runtime/
  • Move all files inside Assets/plyoung/plyLib/editor/ to Assets/plyoung/asembly/editor/
  • Move all files inside Assets/plyoung/Blox/runtime/ to Assets/plyoung/asembly/runtime/
  • Move all files inside Assets/plyoung/Blox/editor/ to Assets/plyoung/asembly/editor/
  • Do not move/delete \Assets\plyoung\Blox\editor\res\
  • You may delete the empty folders

Now import the latest version of Blox.

Hi Leslie,

Followed instructions, but after that all my global variables have been deleted.
Should delete original folders or just files inside? (tried both, didnt work)

Also I do not have a dataproviders folder (only if created in properties manager?)

(Leslie Young) #3

-removed: see instructions in 1st post

Hi Leslie,

Tried, but still not working for me. Getting below error messages

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name BloxEngine' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly Assets/plyoung/Blox/runtime/BloxEngine.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error) Assets/plyoung/assembly/runtime/BloxEngine.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error) error CS1704: An assembly with the same nameplyLib’ has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/plyoung/plyLib/runtime/plyLib.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/plyoung/assembly/runtime/plyLib.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can’t dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)
UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

Removed unparented EditorWindow while reading window layout: window #23, type=UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow, instanceID=11880

Removed unparented EditorWindow while reading window layout: window #27, type=UnityEditor.FallbackEditorWindow, instanceID=11888

(Leslie Young) #5

Hi again Leslie,

Deleting the meta files did removed the error CS1704.
The issue with deleted global variables still exist unfortunately

(Leslie Young) #7

Yes I used a backup with blox 3.2.9
Problem is as soon as I import blox 3.3.1, get error CS1704 so not sure how to avoid the missing scripts errors. I sent you a private msg with project.

Btw, Im getting below msg with new blox 3.3.2, hope it can be helpful. Thanks!

Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can’t dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget(String)