- Added support for Block themes (you can even create your own - see docs)
- Added script generator
Trigger EventBlock was changed to send parameters starting with the name “param0”, then “param1”, etc.
- Fixed GUILayout error that could occur in Blox editor while Block definitions are being loaded
- Blox editor will now force a Block definition to be loaded if that definition was removed from settings but still needed by Blocks used in the Blox
- Added more error checking around Block definitions
- Added Mecanim inspired Blox Editor theme
- Made more changes around how Event Variables are handled. They will now be created the 1st time used as either a value getter or setter (and not only setter as before)
- Fixed problem in script-gen which prevented getting the value from parameters send to events like the OnTrigger() and other non-Custom events which would normally set event variables of its own when the event was triggered from Unity
- Fixed problem with the Array/ List variable editors allowing invalid objects to be added to the array/ list
- Fixed error when using BloxContainer.TriggerEvent() to trigger events in generated scripts
- Removed Network Events. They were for the old Unity networking system and will cause problems with target like WebGL.
- Added menu option to Generate Link Files (needed when you use stripping)
- Made some changes to allow for IL2CPP and WebGL builds
- Fixed errors around the default
self: GameObjectnot always being checked for, for context or parameter blocks in Blox runtime or script generator
- Updated Blox scanner to exclude more unsupported types so not to turn members into a Block when you would not be able to use that Block because of unsupported types in its context or fields/parameters
- Fixed an error with Blox Variables which could occur at runtime (game running outside of editor)
- Fixed layout error which could occur if events were not done loading when events list popup was opened
- Added Unity and Blox events for Bootstrap and SplashScreensManager
- Updated BloxDoc related to the new Events and Blocks from Blox Game Systems
- Added option to auto-unload splash screen object/ scene
- Fixed problem where fields of an object in a variable used as context would not get updated as expected when the Block was making changes to fields of the object referenced in its context
- Blox Variables editor now forces an update in the Inspector so that you can see the changes applied there too without having to first reselect the Blox in the Blox Container inspector
- Blox Game Systems (BGS) startup now allows you to mark scenes as both
AutoLoad. See documentation for more details on this change. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/scenes.html
- The Blox Game Systems event handlers was under the wrong namespace. This was corrected but can cause problems if you used the events under
Game Systems/Startup/. Please check and recreate these events if needed.
- Blox can now also update its BloxDoc from the XML doc of a DLL. This makes it easier for plugin developers to provide documentation without having to create a separate BloxDoc.
- Added the initial version of the Window Manager. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/window-manager.html
- Updated Blox scanner to also support static classes
- Fixed the “Trigger/Collider with info… could not be found” warning
- Updated Databinding to support all static members which can return a value. This includes static Properties, Fields, and Methods which do not take parameters. Also methods which takes only one parameter is supported for certain binds (like those used by the Properties Manager setters).
- Added Properties Manager. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/property-manager.html
- Added Settings Manager. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/settings-manager.html
- Added various UI Updater Components. These are used to update UI elements when watched values changes. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/ui-updaters.html
- Added Sound Volume Updater. http://www.plyoung.com/blox/components.html
Remember to run the Blox scanner after an update like this so that new Blocks can be imported.
- Fixed eror in Databinding Window
- Fixed error in Component type plyVar
- Changed bootstrap startup such that it will not try to load when the Blox Game Systems settings file is not present since chances are good the user just imported Blox and is trying to run a test while BGS is not set up correctly yet
- Include updated BloxDoc for Blox Game Systems
- Updated readme to include information about the new Blox Game Systems
- Updated Variable Block to automatically retrieve GameObject if given a Component in second field when Block used to get/set Object Variable value
BloxContainer.SendMessage(string functionName, params object values)to help invoking event functions which takes more than one value. See advanced docs; http://www.plyoung.com/blox/custom-events.html
- Improved maths Block script-gen to generate less casting
- Optimized Variable Block to access Blox type variables faster
- Fixed bug with event continuing execution on the wrong object after a Wait Block was used
- Fixed problem with Blox Variables not being found when you change order of Blox definitions in BloxContainer
- Fixed problem with Blox variables resetting to default value when switching between BloxContainer inspectors while play testing in editor.
- Updated the link.xml file generator to include more types that might potentially be stripped from mobile builds while they should not be.
- Added GameGlobal. This will be used to add various global states and short-cuts http://www.plyoung.com/blox/gameglobal.html
- Fixed bug in runtime builds throwing error when accessing Blox Variables
- Updated to work better with Zios Editor Themes system. See https://community.unity.com/t5/Asset-Store/Zios-Editor-Theme-Support/td-p/2614085
This update fixes problems in Unity 5.4. You do not need it if you are still using Unity 5.3.
- Removed deprecated Unity event,
- Fixed misc editor errors related to changes in Unity 5.4
- Updates made to UI styling to be more compatible with latest version of Zios Editor Themes system
- Added more types to the UnityObject section of Variables.
- Added more checking in the BloxEd scanner to detect unsupported types.