BSG .20 update issues (CLOSED)

(Alien) #1

i update unity to the required version. updated BSG.

Get TMP_Pro errors all over the place for the default UI scripts in BSG. i added the TextMesh Pro fix from the last update (which seemed to fix the text mesh pro errors). (even though there is a bold warning not to do that… i only added the TMP fix…) :thinking:

but i now get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BGSEditor.VariablesBehaviourInspector.OnEnable () (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/Variables/VariablesBehaviourInspector.cs:21)
BGSEditor.GlobalVariablesInspector.OnEnable () (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/Variables/GlobalVariablesInspector.cs:16)

and this error:

No script asset for GameDataDefsAsset. Check that the definition is in a file of the same name.

Capture
(Grayed out, cant add script)

(I even tried to just delete everything and re-install from asset store, without success).

(Alien) #2

i right clicked and forced reimport. which helped with the GameDataDefs. but not the TMP errors. i imported the .15 TMP fix, which seemed to mostly fix the issue. at this point im only left with 2 of these errors:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BGSEditor.VariablesBehaviourInspector.OnEnable () (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/Variables/VariablesBehaviourInspector.cs:21)
BGSEditor.GlobalVariablesInspector.OnEnable () (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/Variables/GlobalVariablesInspector.cs:16)

(Leslie Young) #3

Thanks for report. I’ll look into these.

Please select Assets\Tools\BGS\scripts\BGSRuntime.asmdef and tell me what the inspector reads under References. This is what mine looks like.

Image1

(Leslie Young) #4

For BGSGameDataDefs you can turn the Inspector into Debug mode to select that script.

Image3

(Alien) #5

for the textmeshpro error, before i import the .15 fix,

Assets\Tools\BGS\scripts\BGSRuntime.asmdef

the reference field is empty, when i select to look for it, i have no selection.

(Alien) #6

also get this at some point:

Detected problem with and fixed BGSGameDataDefs.asset.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
BGSEditor.EdGlobal:GameDataDefsWithBugCheck() (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/BGS/EdGlobal.cs:873)
BGSEditor.EdGlobal:get_GameDataDefs() (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/BGS/EdGlobal.cs:161)
BGSEditor.GameDataEd:CheckGameDataSourcesOnUnityLoad() (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/GameData/GameDataEd.cs:272)
BGSEditor.EdGlobal:DelayCall() (at D:/DevBGS/_source/BGSEditor/BGS/EdGlobal.cs:275)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

(Leslie Young) #7

TMPro

You do not select anything. You must create an entry and enter some text (assembly name) in there. This should however not be needed since BGS 0.20 should have the TextMesh Pro entry already.

Please import BGS 0.21 into a new project and let me know if you see what I show in the screenshot.

If you can’t get it working then simply delete the two asmdef files. They are only there to help Unity compile scripts faster.

• Assets\Tools\BGS\editor\BGSScriptsEditor.asmdef
  • Assets\Tools\BGS\scripts\BGSRuntime.asmdef

Detected problem with and fixed BGSGameDataDefs.asset.

That is caused by a Unity bug, which I thought they fixed by now since I reported it back with Unity 2018.1.0. I wrote some code that try to auto-resolve it - the message you see - but if that fails then you need to fix it manually. Try the thing I show in the second screenshot in this thread where you set the inspector into Debug mode so that you may select the script again (the script is called GameDataDefsAssets). You can also try the steps explained here to see if that helps resolve that problem.

(Alien) #8

ok. just waiting for it to appear in the asset store. they have been slow this week it seems.

(Leslie Young) #9

Ye, they made changes to how the publisher side works and I guess my asset updates no longer skip the vetting phase like it used to.

(Alien) #10

ok, i complete removed BGS and readded version .21. only issue i have now is that there is 2 bootstrap scenes listed in the scenes section, which is causing some issues.

i cant seem to remove either one.

(Alien) #11

removed from build settings and reran the check game data and all things are fine now.

(ian) #12

how to get .21 bgs update?
assets store still showing 0.2 version.

(Leslie Young) #13

I’ll PM you.