Custom map

So I just purchased this and is trying to understand how to use it with the lack of documentation.

I have the grid created, it is flat. I have a custom map (3d) not flat.
I want to map each 3d tile to the grid tile so there are different heights value for pathing.

How do I go about adding / modifying each node so it aligns with my map?
ie:
my map has hills, so i need to modify the grid node to have a different height.

how would I go about doing that?

I think I figured it out…

after updating the h value on the node, the grid display doesn’t update… that’s what threw me off into thinking it is not working.

is there a way to refresh the grid display so that it aligns with the node h values?
after updating the h value on the node, the position isn’t updated to reflect the new height, am I suppose to update it manually after updating the h value?

(Leslie Young) #3

lack of documentation

Docs for getting started is in Assets\Plugins\MapNav2\Docs

You can also read the member comments of scripts found in \Assets\Plugins\MapNav2.

Sample scenes are found in \Assets\MapNav2 Sample\Scenes and look at the sample code found in Assets\MapNav2 Sample\Scripts

is there a way to refresh the grid display so that it aligns with the node h values?
after updating the h value on the node, the position isn’t updated to reflect the new height, am I suppose to update it manually after updating the h value?

The way you word things confuses me a bit. I am not sure when you are referring to a MapNav Node or when you are referring to a GameObject/ Model in the scene.

Anyway, the easiest way to update the MapNav nodes to align to your game art is to use the Height Tool in the MapNav inspector. It will cast a ray for each MapNav node position and place the node at the hit point of the collider below. So your tiles/ art must have colliders on them for this to work.