FREE Mixamo assets

(Marshall Heffernan) #21

Can’t remember, memory is full.

Seriously tho, its on the mixamo website. Here’s a tutorial.

(Marshall Heffernan) #22

UPDATE

Mixamo has now removed most of the models. I don’t think you can download the player models that used to be on the website anymore (Erika Archer, Goblin, Knight, Paladin, Vampire, Warrior, etc.).

however…

ALL ANIMATIONS ARE FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME

That’s right. stop what you’re doing.

There are 2,496 free animations on Mixamo.com

I suggest you all go to the store, search “pack”, and download a bunch of packs of animations (will save you some time, grouped nicely, etc.).

Note: Don’t worry what model you download the animations into.
Mecanim will retarget these to whatever humanoid you want just fine.

1. Once you’ve found a pack you want, click on it, choose a character, click “Add to my assets”, “View/Download”, then “Queue download”.

After downloading each pack I went to the “My Assets”, then “Animations” and deleted everything after each download, because it gets messy fast.

After clicking on “View/Download”, you’ll be asked about file format, pose, frame rate and keyframe reduction.

I’m not sure the best settings here, but there’s a small guide HERE.

nice! so they send you a compressed pack with all individual anims in it with you’re model right?

(Marshall Heffernan) #24

correcto.

(Terry Morgan) #25

Thanks Mars. I had to sign up with “Adobe ID”, then linking with Mixamo login didn’t work,
so I said I was ‘new’. Then each anim DL’d separately.

(Terry Morgan) #26

Duh, the whole pack is the last on the list.

(Marshall Heffernan) #27

Once you’ve got a completed pack of animations, if you click on “Add to my assets” then immediately click on “View/Download”, then immediately click on “Queue download”. you don’t need to dig through the “My Animations” tab.

I just deleted everything in my Animations tab, after downloading each pack, to reduce all the clutter.

(Terry Morgan) #28

I think I got everything they have, pro magic, mutant, sword, bow. The 'packs’
are just the animations. I asked Mixamo about animating my curtis 3000 poly
guy and they said he has to have the exact same UV’s as the 18K, so it’s no
go, have to make a skeleton.

didnt try yet. i was busy. what u mean by the 18k? is you’re character already rigged or u just put animations on a non-rigged character?

(Terry Morgan) #30

I got all the anims from another site, never did get any models besides the animals,

I tried this on the 3 animals (all still animated) and some other FBX’s

https://www.mixamo.com/decimator

you can also use simplygon for unity. its pretty simple to use and free.

https://www.simplygon.com/

(Terry Morgan) #32

Didn’t see anything free on simplygon. I tried the Earthborn Troll with mixamo decimator
he came out all crumpled, but SimpleLod ($30 on assetstore) worked.

(Gibo) #33

For more fantastic references, it would be nice to look at this https://mobilegamegraphics.com/