[HELP] Choosing a starting character model

(Matthew) #1

What character models do you use? I will be making the armor and weapon prefabs, but want to know what character model you use to staart your game out. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

(Marshall Heffernan) #2

I’m not sure what you’re asking. You need a character?

If you don’t have money to spend, Ethan, robot Kyle, and the rest of Unity’s example project characters are free.

The asset store also has free player character models.

If you do have a budget, the asset store sells hundreds of models.

(Leslie Young) #3

The characters you use depends on your game. Maybe you should think of your game’s design first. Is your character female or male, what race, warrior, mage, trickster, etc. What style? Cartoony or more realistic in style?

If you are curious as to where to find models, look on the Asset Store.There are plenty in various styles.https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/category/7/page/1/sortby/popularity

(Joe) #4

As everyone else stated there’s plenty on the store free and paid. Also consider before purchasing, are you going to use Mecanim or legacy.
I own the Mixamo prototyping character set (caught it on sale) and love it. But at it’s price point you might not love that. Robot Kyle and the Old guy that comes with the mecanim setup asset and the stealth kid in the standard assets are good starting points.