#Where’s the next video?
I’m working on a lot of big stuff right now.
None of it is 100% ready, so I’ll need more time to get it just right.
Having said that, Let’s take a look:
- Show Loot Labels on mouseover, or when holding Left Alt:
- Expanding Action Bar Slots, similar to Diablo & Path of Exile:
- New, Torchlight-Like inventory: (click to expand image & show bottom half)
- Drag and Drop Bag slots:
[details=Videos already recorded]
Episode 1: Making a Main Menu with UGUI!
Episode 2: Making our first Player
Episode 3: Loading our rpg_ui
Episode 4: Health Orbs!
Episode 5: Experience Bar
Episode 6a: Bag, Hotkeys
Episode 6b: Potions
Episode 7: Character Sheet, Equip Slots, Sword
Episode 8: Terrain
Episode 9: Enemy
Episode 10: Combat: Enemy Melee
Episode 11: Combat: Player Melee
Episode 12: Audio
Episode 13: Interactable Door
Episode 14: Cursor Highlighting
Episode 15: Material Highlighting
Episode 16: Camera Highlighting
Episode 17: Enemy Diversity
Episode 18: Blood Splats & Decals
Episode 19: Unit Health Bars
Episode 20: Damage Mitigation
Episode 21: Damage #s
Episode 22: 3D Sound & Animations
Episode 23: Disappearing Roof
Episode 24: Animation Event sounds
Episode 25: DiaQ Quest and Graph
[details=Videos to be recorded]
[ ]26 UGUI - Quest Tracker
[ ]27 STUN (instead of trading hits)
[ ]28 GUI - Screen Fade (Animation)
[ ]29 door v2 - open anim, sound, screenfade
[ ]30 Notifications (TEXTGOESHERE)
[ ]31 Interact Object - Openable Gate w/ NavMesh Obstacle (Animation)
[ ]32 Breakable Barrels w/ GIBS
[ ]33 Trees, Wind, Flag
[ ]34 BETTER: Town V2 - Patrolling NPCs, IDLE, Sitting, Talking,
[ ]35 BETTER: Basic AI
[ ]36 BETTER: Zombie Crawl Out of Ground / Zombie Eating, then Stand UP
[ ]37 Top HealthBar - (On Mouse Enter - Set Selected)
[ ]38 ENEMY AFFIXES (Resistant, Armored, MoveSpeed, Attack Speed, Size, Damage)
[ ]39 PoE FLASKS (w/ charges, on kill)
[ ]40 Interact Object - WAYPOINT
[ ]41 Interact Object - TOWN PORTAL
[ ]42 Weapons V2 - Random DMG, Affixes - Attacks Per Second // Damage V2 (STR formula)
[ ]43 Mecanim V2
[ ]44 Action Bar: (With Cooldowns)
[ ]45 Action Bar: Expanding Action Slot (Like Diablo 1,2,3 + PoE)
[ ]46 Combat: Enemy Ranged (ON VALIDATE, IF MANA >= 5)
[ ]47 CHARA SHEET: PAPERDOLL
[ ]48 CHARA SHEET: Stats, Stats Per LVL UP, Button to Increase Stats +5
[ ]49 INVENTORY - Right Click
[ ]50 INVENTORY - TOOLTIP
[ ]51 Mage/Warrior/Rogue
[ ]52 BETTER: MAIN MENU v2 (real camera, moving to new Characters, )
[ ]53 Loot Labels
[ ]54 Interact Object - CHEST with LOOT
[ ]55 RAGDOLL
[ ]56 CRIT (screen shake) (different colored Damage#s) (param 3 = crit?)
[ ]57 Health Formula
[ ]58 Cutscene: Zoom on Interact
[ ]59 Cutscene: Boss Battle
[ ]60 Boss Battle (Adds w/ drops, Phases, Readability, AOE attacks, Cones)
[ ]61 FACTION INTEGER - Reputation
[ ]62 PUZZLE: pressure plate - push block onto it
[ ]63 PUZZLE: lever - pull, then timed door
[ ]64 PUZZLE: moving/rotating walls
[ ]65 PUZZLE: magic shield on door - destroy statues to shut down shield
[ ]66 PUZZLE: breakable walls
[ ]67 MORE SKILLS: AOE ATTACKS
[ ]68 MORE SKILLS: DOT (Bleed, Poison, Burning / Maim/Slow/Frozen)
[ ]69 INVENTORY - DRAG AND DROP
[ ]70 INVENTORY - DROP ON GROUND
[ ]71 INVENTORY - BUY AND SELL
[ ]72 INVENTORY - STASH (Deposit, Withdrawl)
[ ]73 INVENTORY - Pick up Stack
[ ]74 INVENTORY - Split Stack (shift click)
[ ]75 Death / Respawn
[ ]76 SAVING / LOADING
[ ]xx Ele Mitigation
[ ]xx Fire2 - DOT
[ ]xx Cold2 - Movement Slow
(Basically Dark Cloud 2, with some elements from Dark Souls)
#Top-Down Sci-Fi Survival Horror
(think Alien Breed, Shadowgrounds, Primal Fears, Greed: black border, Ruiner, etc.)
#First Person RPG
(I’m looking at you, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout4)
- @leslie - I couldn’t make video games without you. Game Development & Game Design mean the world to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- @Catacomber & @2-1be - Getting to where I am has been a difficult journey, and your encouragement has kept me going every step of the way. Without you I would have given up a long time ago. Thank you both for your continued support!
- @March_of_the_Ents - Your standards for quality have continuously forced me to improve my work, and as a result Unity has become much more than just a hobby. Thanks for everything.
- @Ryan, @SubtleTechnology, @XDesign101, @domtate - Making videos has been much more of a challenge than I had ever anticipated. If you all hadn’t hit that record button I probably would have shrugged my shoulders and moved onto something easier. Thanks for the inspiration!
- To all of the Mentors, thanks for your commitment. When I see people answering questions relating to Unity, plyGame, Game Development or Design, it inspires me to do the same.
- To everyone asking questions, thanks as well. Believe it or not, I’m new too. In order to answer questions, I have to learn the answer first. Without people asking questions, I’d still be at square one.
- Everyone that’s shared your work in a “Showcase” thread, or otherwise, thank you. Showing what plyGame is capable of has done a phenomenal job at keeping me motivated.
- Lastly, @krup_ek & @Luka. It was you two that first put this idea into my head, dang you. Anyhow, it took a long time but they’re finally on their way.