Hey guys I just wanted to show you the extension I’ve been working for plyGame which its basically an integration with Photon Unity Network + extras.
Here is a list of some of the features included:
- PhotonPlayer and PhotonNPC component:
- Actor states (Dead, Alive)
- All Photon Events
- Crowd Manager System (Handle hundreds of actors with few network messages)
- Lot of Photon Actions and Values:
- RPC / Blox RPCs
- Raise Events
- Player Properties
- Room Properties
- And much more…
- Many custom blox:
- Character Jump, Land, Footstep and more
- Custom blox for assets:
- Text Mesh Pro
- Pool Manager
- Audio Toolkit
- EZ Replay Manager
All you have to do with your current player or npc is just attach the correct component, these components keeps track of almost everything on the actor/character and keep it synch for current players and even send updates to new players all automatically, you can also choose to synch selected blox variables. These components are optimized to send as less messages as possible in order to save bandwith.
Right now there 3 ways to send messages with photon:
- Raise Event which requires you listen to an event and check the event id
- RPC which needs to be defined on a script with the attribute [PunRPC]
- And RPC Blox which makes your life easier and all you have to do is define and event called [RPC]YourRPCName
This one is the easiest one to use but right now limited to 4 parameters, I will make this to work with a list instead.
This extension also comes with few extras like:
- Custom PlayerThirdPersonController with the ablity to jump as many times as you want
- Add HUD blox wich will automatically adds a character HUD with a predefined prefab and settings
This take care automatically of update character hp bar, name and level.
- A very simple footstep system with a On Character Foostep blox event. Only works with mecanim.
- On Landed and On Jump events for characters, this is useful for things like adding particles or sound effects.
Roadmap / In Progress
This is just a list of what I’m currently working or plan to work:
After finish with this Photon Blox project I have planned to work on a UNET version.
Here is a demo I’m still working and its a bit far from perfect but here is how its looking:
I have planned to push this to the Asset Store soon this month hopefully.
If you have any suggestion just let me know.