[Released] Photon Blox (plyGame Multiplayer)

(Jamie pearce) #203

On ur players on start set tag object to self

Then on most Blox you’d use if photon view is mine and use photon player tag object this way it grabs only ur player on ur client

I have zero problems when doing this at the start of ever Blox event

(DarkDeivel) #204

I do not understand anything.

How do you fix these problems?

Before the release of the first player out of the room:

If other player leave room:

(Jamie pearce) #205

Hthe last img says your calling stuff the needs your player spawned first

Ill get an example ready for u and post it

Ill show u the blocks that a required to properly cast to ur character only

Edit:
here a short video with my explanation. note i have no problems with the way i do things it was suggested by Hjupter to use the if view is mine player tag object statement at beginning of most if not all events

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/8064wanc2jymidn/Photon%20blox%20help%20video.mp4?dl=0)

(DarkDeivel) #206

Thanks for the help!

I watched your video, but you do not seem like you have stored attributes if any player leaves the room. I have everything works fine, too, but do not leave a single player room, I did not think to use the block [Photon-> Photon Network - Player Tag Object], it decided some problems. But most of the problems remain, such as monsters no longer see a player again and the problem is solved if after the departure of any player once again comes another player. I guess I also need to make a video that you could understand my words …

(Jamie pearce) #207

Can u explain better

I thought ur issue is that u log 2 players in log one out and there are issues

If u wanna remove errors on rpgui u need to disable the ui before u leave game but there’s and issues ud have to spawn player then enable it after spawn

I removed Leslie’s update status (health bars on rpgui) since it cast that dumb error before player is ready I leave the rpgui ui in my scene at all times so it’s not being duplicated over network

Either make a video or better explanation and I will continue to help u

Ur biggest problem is u no longer want to use the player block u need to use the player tag object block else it’ll get any player and mess up when one logs out

(Jamie pearce) #208

if you are also using the rpgui (sample ui) that comes with plygame it does not check to see if photon view is player tagobject
like we can do with blocks

so when one disconects the script loses contact with one and wait for one more to come in

strange i know im talking with hjupter hell get back me at some point XD

(DarkDeivel) #209

That’s what I said!)

(DarkDeivel) #210

Hjupiter will give an official response?

The problem still remains open, if someone leaves the room Monsters no longer react to the player, close the dialog becomes impossible

Client loses link to Player

(Jamie pearce) #211

I trying to get a hold ofhi. Over skype he must be busy

There also a new sync issue where if i login put armor on then login with another account while that ones logged in the armor shows but the onequip isnt being called so none of the effects are added until i re add the armor
Wotch means when new auers connect i wont have an bonus damage on his client

(Hjupter Cerrud) #212

Sounds like an issue with Factions.

Not sure what do you mean with this.

How do you know this? Are you getting any error or something?

(DarkDeivel) #213

(Hjupter Cerrud) #214

When something like this happen you obviously need to wrap that around an if case to check if the player exists. Why your player is not there anyways? I mean if you destroy your player you should not display that UI or what are you trying to do?

This certainly is not a bug with PhotonBlox tho.

(Hjupter Cerrud) #215

New version of Photon Blox coming soon, a lot of improvements has been done to NPCs, skills, SpawPoint etc.

Here is a project Im working on:

http://infestedland.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

(Jamie pearce) #216

There will always be slight issues using the sample ui with photon blox cause the scripts arnt designed for multiplayer often when a player disconnects so does the health bar link and some times soke of the panels wont work either i made a ui from scratch using blox and i no longer have any ui problems
Once a player connects the connect returns

The custom ui was a better idea

(DarkDeivel) #217

Thank you! Most of the problems with the UI I have decided because of your answers.

I still have a lot of problems with the NPC position synchronization (Monsters) and their attacks. Somehow, all the monsters want to attack the master client, even if there is another player.

P.S. I look forward to the new version and the demo)

(Hjupter Cerrud) #218

Andrei, a lot of those problems with NPC sync has been fixed in the new version which I will release very soon, along with other cool features.

(DarkDeivel) #219

I wait, wait, wait! :blush:

(tequyla) #220

Hello Hjupter,

what happen if i delete BrainCloud Blox folder ?

+++

(Hjupter Cerrud) #221

Nothing happens, I actually removed that from Photon Blox, Im going to upload BrainCloud blox as a separate package in the asset store

(tequyla) #222

ok

deleted. i prefer photon.

or UNET, maybe, what do u think about it ?

note: there is dependancy:

Assets/Ninjutsu Games/Photon Blox/Scripts/UI/ScoreboardItem.cs(6,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name LoadSaveBlox_BrainCloud’ could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

++