[Released] Photon Blox (plyGame Multiplayer)

Im working on an Inventory/Character Data system for this. Coming soon.

(Hjupter Cerrud) #244

Thats cool you might need the beta version lets talk about it on skype

(Jamie pearce) #245

im told a week ish but we never know if something may happen to delay it

(Jamie pearce) #246

interesting care to elaborate ??

how would using this make photon blox any better

i would assume its gonna function similar to how the plygame sample ui works just itle check to make sure the photon view is mine stuff so that it only happens on the right client

where the sample ui losses connection to player when any player logs out and will reconnect when a random player logs in

thats the reason i made a custom ui with blocks (my ui is for mobile so it relies on just the left click/touch to do everything) XD

theres plenty of ways to make an advanced ui using blox

i just want to know whats gonna be different here :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything i make will most likely be using custom callbacks regarding UI interaction.

As far as Photon goes, theres no point in me creating my own photon plugin for plyGame as Hjupter did that work already, so itll basically require that and my package will be a system using that plugin plus a custom framework for UI/Inventory/Data management.

(DarkDeivel) #248

How long to wait for the long-awaited update?

(Hjupter Cerrud) #249

I’m still making some simple demos to add into the package and finishing some minor details then I would be able to release it, should be soon.

(DarkDeivel) #250

I hope Unity 5.3.5 will support? If I update will be many problems because I would like to continue to work on 5.3.5 …

(Hjupter Cerrud) #251

Well plyGame doesn’t support that version so it doesn’t make sense to support it.

(Hjupter Cerrud) #252

Photon Blox 1.3.0 version has been send for review in the Asset Store so should be ready any time soon.

Here is the list of changes:

• Major improvements to the PhotonSpawnPoint the inspector has been revamped, new options has been added:
    • Quantity: How many can be spawned at once
    • Type: "Normal = regular spawn NPC’s, Boss = A special NPC that will be spawned after normal NPC’s are killed.
    • Group: (0 = All Groups) On which group this unity should spawn.
    • Group Condition: If condition group (=, >, >=, <=, <, !=, %) is met than current group it will spawn this.
    • Increment Level per group/wave
    • Increment Speed per group/wave
    • New function and blox to KillAll current spawned NPC’s
    • Fixed issues with activaction by distance
  • Overall performance improvements
  • Overall network sync improvements
  • A new PhotonSpawnPoint demo showing up all the new features.
  • Added new PhotonSerializeBlox class this component can serialize variables from plyGame’s blox over the network. (Note: that serializeBloxVars has been removed from PhotonCharacter/PhotonNPC in favor of this component)
  • Added new SpawnPointProgress UI component this is useful to track current status of a PhotonSpawnPoint setup to spawn in groups/waves.
  • Improved Photon NPC’s and Characters, improved performance and fixed issues with targets, skills and movement.
  • Improved position synchronization for nav mesh agents.
  • Fixed issues with PhotonCharacter events
  • Fixed issues with PhotonCharacter Targets
  • Remote players can now be selected but markers wont show unless you use the custom PlayerTopDownNavController from PhotonBlox folder
  • PlayerTopDownNavController can now be controlled with WASD keys
  • Added cache settings to Photon Blox Network settings.
  • Photon Unity Networking 1.8.0 support
  • Added new Equipment example
  • Fixed minor issues on old examples
  • Revamped Equipment Sync workflow, its now required to have PhotonEquipmentSlots along with a plyGame EquipmentSlots component and a plyBlox with On Equip Item and On UnEquip Item
    It also require to use the Photon Pickup system that comes in the PUN package.
    Now require a bit more steps but works much better.
  • Memory allocation improvements. This will improve performance a bit.

Is there updated documentation for this?

(Jamie pearce) #254

Nice finally my tutorials will be helpful since everyone will be on the same page ill start back uo the tutorials to help people get started

(Hjupter Cerrud) #255

No, I just added more small demos into the package. What would you like to see for the documentation? I think more video tutorials should be fine. If you want to know more about Photon Unity Networking itself you can go to their documentation page https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/getting-started/pun-intro

Perhaps an updated video demo? I think the one that’s out there is 2 years old. I recall following your original demo on a previous version when BrainCloud was deprecated and DoTween was causing compatibility issues, preventing anything from running. There were no notes on what might be causing issues. I had to go out and uninstall and reinstall assets manually. It was quite frustrating as a beginner.

Another item that would be helpful would be having an operational demo project in the package. One of the biggest benefits of having a demo is having something we can pick apart to learn from. Actually, I’m still getting plugin errors with 1.3 after importing only PlyGame, DoTween, and Photon Blox:

Plugin ‘DOTween46.dll’ is used from several locations:
Assets/Ninjutsu Games/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween46.dll would be copied to /DOTween46.dll
Assets/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween46.dll would be copied to /DOTween46.dll
Plugin ‘DOTween50.dll’ is used from several locations:
Assets/Ninjutsu Games/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween50.dll would be copied to /DOTween50.dll
Assets/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween50.dll would be copied to /DOTween50.dll
Plugin ‘DOTween43.dll’ is used from several locations:
Assets/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween43.dll would be copied to /DOTween43.dll
Assets/Ninjutsu Games/Demigiant/DOTween/DOTween43.dll would be copied to /DOTween43.dll
Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I’ll try XD’s tutorials and see if I’m missing something.

(Hjupter Cerrud) #258

Looks like you have DOTween duplicated in your project, the one inside 1.3 package is the latest tho. You can try removing that one or the other in your project.

BrainCloud blox was already submitted as a separate package.

Ah, gotcha. The asset page still mentions it’s required. Might want to change that :slight_smile:

“NOTE: that this product requires plyGame, Photon Unity Networking and DOTween imported into the project in order to work.”

How do i disable the Sample RPG UI during gameplay
(DarkDeivel) #260

Need lessons on the topic:

• Installing and configuring plug-in
  • Creation and basic setting of the player
  • Creation and basic setting of the enemy
  • Setting up and synchronizing attack skills

I have not looked at the new version yet, and maybe everything is as old as before, but suddenly I’ll have to redo something that was created using previous versions …

(Hjupter Cerrud) #261

Thanks for the suggestions @Andrei I will look into those video tutorials.

If you are using the previous version you should not have any problems. Let me know if you find any issue. Always backup your project just in case if you are using a repository thats even better.

(Hjupter Cerrud) #262

I will probably make that optional. I will change that. Thanks :slight_smile: