It’s been a while since I’ve worked on this one, but now I’m back!
To update/refresh on the situation:
The part of my character creator that sticks are my objects. I did a test here to see what was and wasn’t sticking, and it’s clear I’m only having issues up to a point:
Here you can see I hit the arrows on every single thing. (not bothering with colors yet! That will be a different fish to fry!)
When I click play, this is my character.
Nose, Cheeks, Accessories,Top,Bottom, and Legs (the feet) did not stick.
This is what my global variables and what my “my global” looks like
Out of curiosity, I moved “plr_Access” (accessories) and “plr_Nose” above “plr_Tail”, and tried the experiment again, this was the outcome:
The nose (a material) still doesn’t work, but, as you can see, Accessories work, and the tail doesn’t!
This is what the rearrangement looks like
Here Accessories are now above nose (a material) and tail is below nose.
I was wondering if it was the change material blocks breaking it, so I put them all at the bottom like so
And did my test again
This is the outcome
My objects all changed!!!
None of the materials did though (the cheek is still striped it’s hard to see).
I did a debug to see if my materials’ global variables were going into the negatives when I clicked the arrows, but alas. They stayed within the correct number range putting me back to square one.
Still! Sleuthing around my code was fun!
Hope this is helpful to finally solving the mystery! >w</