Unity3D version 2017.3.1p4 Compile error

Hi
I recently bought your TileEd Asset.

Since upgrading Unity3D version 2017.3.1p4
If you try to use “TileEd_Ed_Props”,
TileEd_Ed_Props is not in the current context. I get a compile error.

I hope you can help me.

(Leslie Young) #2

What is the exact error message you are getting and is it in Unity console or VS (seeing as you mention compiling)?

If you are trying to compile something against TileEd’s lib you need to make sure you are including the assembly reference and added a using clause for the TileEd namespace in your code.

It worked fine with Unity3D Version 2017.3.0.
After upgrading the version to 2017.3.1p4, an error message(“error CS0234: The type or namespace name TileEd_Ed_Props' does not exist in the namespaceTileEd’. Are you missing an assembly reference?”) is displayed in the unity console window.
Note that if you move the TileEd.dll file to a different folder than the editor folder, you will not get an error.

(Leslie Young) #4

Unity 2017.3.1p4 is actually my main edition atm and TileEd works fine for me without moving files around.
I created a new build against 2017.3 and submitted it to the asset store. See if that works for you.

Note that if you move the TileEd.dll file to a different folder than the editor folder, you will not get an error

It belongs under an Editor folder since it is a DLL related to editor side of Unity. The TileEdRuntime.dll should be outside of an Editor folder since it can be used on both the editor and runtime side. In Unity certain folder names have special meaning. You should for example not put any runtime related DLLs and scripts under a folder or subfolder of a folder named Editor.

This is the default folder structure and DLL settings.