Vinoma updates

(Leslie Young) #1

Initial version.

Vinoma is a no-scripting/ programming solution for creating Visual Novel type games with a drag-and-drop interface

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36826

(Pangeran Wiguan) #2

Does it support unlimited saving slots?

(Leslie Young) #3

Yes, but you will have to modify the UI for that. The default UI only includes 3 buttons (thus 3 save slots). Have a look at this video to see what I mean,.

(RaiuLyn) #4

Congrats on its release!

Looking at it has made my programmer side excited. Oh how I wanna see what I can do with it and make some plugins like what I did with plyGame. * Waits patiently for API documentation *

(Leslie Young) #5

lol…and here I thought I could hold off on the API docs for a bit.
Will try to have it ready after the weekend.

(Leslie Young) #6

Version 1.0.1

• A few small fixes
  • Added the Branch Action
  • Moved Buttons to the Story group
  • Renamed some Vinoma classes to prevent future API problems
  • Renamed objects in the Template/ Main scene to prevent future naming problems

(Leslie Young) #7

Version 1.0.2

• Fixed possible text formatting errors in Dialogue action when tags are not closed in same paragraph
  • Added auto stops in Dialogue action so that the designer does not have to worry about long lines of text/ paragraphs being clipped by lack of available height in dialogue panel

(Leslie Young) #8

Version 1.0.3

• Added the Text Action which can be used to change the text displayed by UI Text components
  • Added ability to insert variable values into text via variable-name format
  • Updated Text, Dialogue and Button Actions with support for variable values in text

Also remember to check out the Vinoma youtube channel since there are a bunch of new videos for it.

(Leslie Young) #9

Version 1.0.4

WARNING: This update is not compatible with the previous versions. You can update your project to it but will loose all Vinoma Scenes already created. It is best if you can start over with creating these scenes but if you’ve already created many of them, PM me for help to export and import those scenes into the new way that Vinoma saves them.

• Changed how the Vinoma data is saved to allow for improved and easier to use Action editors
  • You can now drag and drop target objects into the GameObject and Text actions, rather than having to enter the name of the target object
  • The Button Action can now perform more than one operation when a button is pressed
  • Added the Image action, used to change the Sprite of a SpriteRenderer or Image component
  • Added Text and Sprite actions to LoadSave system
  • Added Remember State option to “Auto Panel Visibility” to be used on VinomaGUI panels that should tie into LoadSave System
  • Added Hotspots Overlay Editor and Action

(Leslie Young) #10

Version 1.0.5

• Added Action to trigger Blox Events (import package Assets/plyoung/vinoma/Packages/vinoma_blox.unitypackage)
  • Added support for Portraits in Dialogue

(Leslie Young) #11

Version 1.0.6

• This update requires Unity 5.1
  • Added option to disable application of the resolution settings. This is mostly needed for mobile devices where such a setting should not be applied. This option can be found under the Vinoma Settings panel. You need to manually remove the resolution and fullscreen elements from the runtime UI design.

(Leslie Young) #12

Version 1.0.7

• Added Animation Action

(Leslie Young) #13

Version 1.0.8

• Fixed problem with Hotspots capturing UI click-through events

(Leslie Young) #14

Version 1.0.9

• Fixed problem in Vinoma Scene Editor which could cause high memory usage and Unity to crash

(Leslie Young) #15

Version 1.1.0

• Added Dialogue Log and Auto Toggle

Note that the template scene has been updated to include new buttons in Assets/VinomaGUI/SceneButtons and that a new panel, Assets/VinomaGUI/Log was added

The easiest way to upgrade to the new scene is to simply delete Assets/projectData/Vinoma/MainScene. Note that you will loose all your work and need to restart Unity.

If that is not an option then you can open the template scene, found at Assets/plyoung/vinoma/scenes/template and have a look at the objects mentioned above to see how to duplicate these in your MainScene. The easiest might be to simply create Prefabs of the objects and then drag them into you MainScene.

(Leslie Young) #16

• Updated to work in Unity 5.3
  • I will leave the Unity 5.2 version up for a while but it will not receive any future updates and will be removed eventually.

(Leslie Young) #17

• This and future updates require Unity 5.3 or better
  • Fixed warnings about functions that are obsolete in Unity 5.3
  • Added a new Component that can divert scene/action flow when clicking on an object in the scene
  • Added the Move GameObject action
  • Updated Save System to also track and restore object positions

(Leslie Young) #18

• Updated to remove more Unity 5.3 specific warnings about deprecated functions

(Leslie Young) #19

• Dialogue and Response Buttons panel would not close when loading from a save
  • Fixed error message that might some times pop up in console
  • Added support for variables in the name field of the Dialogue Action

(Leslie Young) #20

• Added a timeout option to the Buttons Action
  • Fixed error in Log showing variable names rather than the variable values