WorkingTitle - RPG

(Suphavanh) #1

Hello all,
I have decided to postpone my survivor title and working on my RPG(more like Hack&Slash) title instead. Everything are not final and most are just place holder since I would like to it mobile friendly and get the game logic done first. This project is a learn as I go project which I will keep updating as much as I could. This is just a starting point for now. Happy plyGaming!

Cheers!

Warrior Class

Mage Class

Assassin Class

Archer Class

Need Some Help for my game
(Marshall Heffernan) #2

Watched all of them, looking very good!

1. I noticed the FPS wasn’t too stable. I’m assuming that’s because you were running the game as well as recording software?

2. It looks like you’re having some trouble aiming. Have you thought about changing your attacks from Actor Direction to Mouse Direction, or one of the other options?

3. Since this is learn as you go project, and has many updates ahead, why not share a few of those “planned updates” with us, so we can see how you’ve progressed the next time you show off screenshots or a video.

(Suphavanh) #3
  1. I noticed the FPS wasn’t too stable. I’m assuming that’s because you were running the game as well as recording software?
    Yes, it was smooth when I play inside unity.

2. It looks like you’re having some trouble aiming. Have you thought about changing your attacks from Actor Direction to Mouse Direction, or one of the other options?
    That’s really good idea. I’ll give it a try, but not sure how this will work out on mobile. Will try what works best.

3. Since this is learn as you go project, and has many updates ahead, why not share a few of those “planned updates” with us, so we can see how you’ve progressed the next time you show off screenshots or a video.
    Sure! I will do my best on update. I will also post how I overcome what I have done. My next update is more like XP and Level up the player. Thanks for the tip on the Cooldown which I got it from your tutorial. :smile:

(Marshall Heffernan) #4

Ahh, I see.

Cool cool, looking forward to it!

If you’re going to be making an Experience bar, here’s something to note: plyGame experience doesn’t reset to 0 when you level up.

Let’s say you need 100 exp to get to level 2, and you need 200 exp to get to level 3…

If you were to use the blocks…

and you get 100 experience, your Player’s level will increase to level 2, but your Experience bar will already be halfway filled again.

The bar doesn’t visually reset to zero, because in the example above, it’s just doing EXP / EXP NEEDED.
100 / 200 = .5

You would instead need to use the blocks…

Set Image.fillAmount to [A/B]
Set Image.fillAmount to [[A-B] / [A-B]]
(Value Experience - ExpNeededToLevel) / (ExpNeededToLevel+1 - ExpNeededToLevel)

(Below is a screenshot. It’s just one line, I cut it in half because it got too long ><)

edit: I’ll double check the Blox above after work, I’m doing the math on paper and now that I think about it, I’m not sure that formula is correct.

edit: Yeah, works. :wink:

(Suphavanh) #5

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t use the bar but % instead. I then use the “On Level Change” blox on the player

to trigger the Level text using Global variable, because I don’t want to call Level text change every frame.

Next update will be inventory and the rest of the UI. Happy plyGaming!

(Suphavanh) #6

On the cooldown… all I did was just setting the fill amount to the “Cooldown Progress / Get Skill Property” and set them to the skill associated to that button.

The arrow was supposed to point to Cooldown now HP. :smile:

(Marshall Heffernan) #7

Haha, so easy! If I remember correctly, the guide I wrote last year was using local floats and all kinds of unnecessary blocks.

Very nice. Didn’t expect an update so soon, everything’s looking really good.

(Except for the camera/HUD going bananas in the latest video :stuck_out_tongue:)

Anyhow, keep up the good work.

(Suphavanh) #8

Adding joystick for mobile support. Still working on logic and more on loading different scenes and teleport.

It looks awesome!
Where did you get the placeholder art from (GUI + models)?

(Suphavanh) #10

Google for Unity3d, and you will find lots of them.

(Suphavanh) #11

Adding teleport functionality… having some problem with how player transit to the destination and sliding issue.

(Marshall Heffernan) #12

Looks good to me, maybe I can’t see it because of the FPS of the video.

What’s wrong with the teleporting, and whats the sliding issue?